Welcome to The Amayzing Workshop at Riverpark Industrial Estate, Linwood, part of Amayzing Saddlery Ltd.
· Your booking will be confirmed by email as soon as payment is received at the time of the booking. You should also receive a copy of these terms and conditions, either by hand, or by email. These are also displayed on our Facebook page and on our website(s) and are posted in the workshop.
· Unfortunately we are not able to offer refunds if you cancel. We are a small business and with tutors and overheads to run the craft workshops, we may have had to turn down another student due to your confirmed booking. However, if your personal circumstances change and the date for your booked workshop is providing impossible to attend, please get in touch to discuss the issue.
· We do reserve the right to cancel a workshop due to unforeseen circumstances outside of our control, however this is something that rarely happens We will try our utmost to keep the workshops running to schedule and to cause minimal disruption to our clients. In the very unlikely event that we do have to cancel a workshop, we will offer you alternative dates for the same workshop or contact us for other arrangements.
· We are not liable for reimbursing any expenses or costs resulting from us cancelling a workshop, ie travel arrangements/holiday etc.
· We reserve the right to vary prices of our workshops should costs of providing the course or workshop increase due to circumstances beyond our control.
You might find it useful to bring a notebook to record any tips or ideas you might have and to create your own designs and plans.
· Long hair should be tied back and suitable clothing worn – try to avoid trailing scarves or ties. As we are using stains to color leather, occasional accidental splashes may occur so please do not wear anything that would be ruined by this. We will supply aprons and gloves to minimize this risk.
· We will supply tools, leather and equipment for you to use but would encourage students to start to build their own tool kits. We are the only Scottish supplier of Tandy Leather tools and materials and these may be purchased on site or ordered in for you.
· Leather, materials and fittings used on the course must be paid for at the end of the session unless stated that they are included in the course fee.
· Tea, coffee, water and biscuits will be provided during the sessions. All day courses will also include a light lunch. Across the road from the workshops are local food outlets and a Tesco store if you wish to purchase additional snacks
· If you require wheelchair access or have other special needs (including specific dietary requirements), please let us know well in advance so we can discuss how we can facilitate your visit.
· We may take some photographs during the course of certain workshops for promotional purposes. However if you would prefer not to have your photograph taken or used in any material please inform us at the time.
· We reserve the right to alter course and workshop content at any time.
· We have a car park outside the workshop for the use of customers and students. We are next to a bus stop and are three miles from Johnstone Railway Station.
· These courses are intended to be enjoyable, social events and anyone exercising behavior that may endanger staff or other course participants, disrupt teaching or cause unpleasantness of any sort will be asked to leave immediately and will not be allowed back onto the course or to any other. They will not be entitled to a refund of course fees.
· We have a no-smoking policy. Please note that smoking is not allowed anywhere on the premises. Anyone breaking this rule will be asked to leave. Anyone found using illegal substances in the premises will be reported to the police. Alcoholic beverages may not be consumed on the premises except in special circumstances
designated by the management. We would ask students who use a vape to refrain from using this whilst inside the premises.
· All information provided of a personal nature will be regarded as confidential and only be available to relevant teaching staff and used to tailor teaching to suit personal needs. We do not pass on contact information to any third party without your express permission unless in exceptional circumstances.
Your attendance at our workshops is completely at your own risk. We will not be liable for any injuries or accidents that occur during the course of your class at The Amayzing Workshop. We will be using sharp tools and nylon hammers during the classes and expect all students to take all reasonable care to protect themselves and others - we will endeavor to keep risk to an absolute minimum by demonstrating good and safe practice but students will be expected to behave responsibly and follow instructions. Due to the nature of the work, classes will not be open to persons under 18 years of age unless specifically stated in the course description.
· In the event of a fire or other catastrophic event, please leave personal belongings and exit the building via the exits (which will be pointed out to you at the start of the class) in an orderly fashion. If exiting through the rear
fire door, the code for the padlock on the gate outside can be found written on the fire door. A torch is provided on the door to facilitate escape. Please reassemble in the car park at the front if it is safe to do so.
Above all, we look forward to meeting you and hope you will thoroughly enjoy the workshop you have booked with us and re-visit us again to try your hand at the many crafts and life skills we can offer you.
The Environmental Policy
Our business strives to maintain overall performance and compliance with relevant environmental legislation while
minimizing its impact on the environment. Our policy is:
· We encourage care for the environment and try to recycle items where possible. To this end we use recycled packaging and fabric when we can and recycle waste products. Please use the recycle bin provided for paper, cans, plastic bottles etc.